BEFORE CARE RECOMMENDATIONS
• Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment
• Take your pain medication at least 30 minutes before your scheduled session
• Drink a minimum of 16 oz of water before your appointment
• Wear comfortable attire
• No heavy meals 2 hrs before your appointment
• Bring in all your compression garments (faja, compresssion stockings, abdominal board, back board etc...)
AFTER CARE RECOMMENDATIONS
• Continue your water intake at least one gallon a day minimum
• Avoid your caffeine intake, alcohol and smoking throughtout your healing process
• Avoid hot baths, saunas etc, for at least a couple of hours
• Make time to relax and rest - this allows for the blood pressure to return to normal if it has dropped during a treatment
• Time should also be created for short walks and leg stretching, which will decrease the risk of developing blood clots
• Maintaining a healthy diet is important so that the body does not need to concentrate on a sluggish digestion.
• A strict low sodium diet is highly recommended to prevent further fluid retention
• AND REMEMBER COMPRESS, COMPRESS, COMPRESS!!!!!!!
Occasionally, you may experience reactions when the body begins its self-healing process to include elimination of toxins. These reactions may include:
• Frequent visits to the toilet
• Runny nose and / or cough
• Slight rash as the skin re-balances
• Perspiration - an excretion process
• Conditions which have been suppressed may flare up temporarily before they heal
• Deep sleep or difficulty sleeping and vivid dreams
These reactions are only temporary and should clear within 24-48 hours. they are positive signals that your body has responded to the treatment and is re-balancing itself.